Career Program Coordinator
We are looking for a program manager for our Careers Program. We need a highly motivated individual comfortable representing the organization, recruiting, and recognizing employers. That is also passionate about working daily with veterans in the community in their career transition. This role will also mean supporting outreach opportunities (like job fairs) and our professional affinities groups (like of Veterans in Energy Group). Must be professional, confident in a crowd, a good listener, and a team player.
POSITION TITLE: Career Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
PAY RANGE: $20/hour
Management & Administration
- Support Executive Director in developing program goals & objectives consistent with the mission & values of the organization.
- Manages program budget and expenses
- Make recommendations for the program as it pertains to the annual budget
- Manage web content and social media for the program
- Observe and comply with organization and event polices.
- Maintain, update, and report all program information into database software
- Report monthly on financial and program metrics
- Provide administrative support as directed by the Executive Director.
- Oversee planning, execution, and follow up for all Warrior for Life events.
- Work with other veteran service organizations on collaborative training opportunities to veterans in career transition.
- Manage VetsList and volunteers that manage that website.
- Attend veteran career transition outreach events like job fairs, resource fairs, and other veteran service organizations events
- Follow up on veteran and employer referrals from other agencies
- Conduct resource referral and list case management for veterans in career transition
- Recruit, organize, and recognize employers involved with career programming
- Recruit volunteer leaders to apply to be community leaders
- Assist with professional development training for community leaders
- Recruit, manage, and recognize irregular volunteers to support events and activities.