Thank you for your interest in applying for the Community Leader Program. Below you will find more information on the role and expectations. If you are interested in applying then email your current resume, bio, or CV along with a 200-300 word statement of interest in the program. Phone interviews for the program will begin in March.
Areas we are currently recruiting for:
Central Houston (Inside 610)
Southeast Houston (Clear Lake/League City)
West Houston (Katy/Spring Branch)
POSITION TITLE: Community Leader
REPORTS TO: Event Manager
PAY RANGE: $0
SCHEDULE: Dependent upon assignments, projects, and events
BENEFITS: Veteran Leadership Forum membership, The President’s Volunteer Service Award (>100 Volunteer Hours)
DURATION: 1 Year
- Attend and graduate from initial 18 hour training session. Some training will be available online.
- Attend >90% of monthly continuing training throughout year commitment.
- Attend at least one social event, in support of the event manger, within your geographic territory each month.
- Actively facilitate during events to create fun, positive, and inclusive activities for the benefit of the members present at the event.
Management & Administration
- Support Event Manager in developing event goals & objectives consistent. with the mission & values of the organization.
- Observe and comply with event polices.
- Provide information for evaluation of the events.
- Provide observations within 48 hours of an event’s completion, including activities and attendees in the organization’s client relationship management system, Nation Builder.
- Support Event Manager in identifying potential gift-in-kind donors and other sponsors for specific events and the overall organization.
- Observe and comply with board approved personnel policies.
- Provide for adequate supervision & evaluation of assigned volunteers.