The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to hurdle is finding that great career launch pad. Being a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by those companies who value excellence from their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those companies, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides the forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment. The Lone Star Veterans Association has coordinated with local employers to emphasize a veteran hiring initiative and to introduce Warrior For Life as a resource for potential employees.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- You need to have a proper and up-to-date resume/CV.
- You need to dress professionally. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event email Connie Gray at email@example.com
- This is a professional lunch for you to talk with employers and network. It is not an event that involves family members or guests.
- If you register for the luncheon you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m. which is when networking begins.
- Please limit yourself to no more than three attendees per company.
- Because of our non-for-profit status, you can receive a receipt at the event.
- This lunch is free for veterans and we greatly appreciate any donations your company can make to help make this lunch a success.
- We do offer Premium Sponsorship levels for companies at $1000.
Contact email@example.com to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
Veterans: There is a one dollar ($1.00) transaction fee to confirm RSVPs.
Employers: $35.00, this fee will be refunded for those who cancel by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon.
Please click here to pay for your seat as an employer.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-744-7972
Can I update my registration information?
You can change your information at anytime.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, a printed ticket is not necessary to bring with you.
Now that you're registered for the event please join the conversation on our private Linked In group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be confirmed to be accepted to the group once your RSVP for the event is confirmed, along with ticekt payment for employers.
Please join Lone Star Veterans Association (LSVA) and CRU (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ) for A Discussion on Faith and Service. In 2018 LSVA will continue to expand the veteran community by establishing affinity groups that serve as platforms to showcase veterans as who they really are. In this case we want to promote the impact that Christian faith has had on many of our members and how their military service has impacted their Christian faith.
We feel that while there are many quiet professionals in our community, we need to shine a light on the amazing things that our veterans have accomplished through and due to their faith, as well as how their faith has driven their careers and lives. We believe that by bringing in great community leaders to share their stories of faith and service we will not only recognize these amazing leaders, we will inspire others to be more vocal about what they do, as well as encourage us all to lead a more purpose driven life.
We hope that you can join us, veteran or civilian, for a great lunch that promises to inspire and educate. We also hope that if you enjoy the message and the fellowship you will want to return for future events and even volunteer to support this new program.
Our speakers for this event will be Mea Williams Navy veteran with Grace After Fire and T'Liza Kiel with Mental Health America.