The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to hurdle is finding that great career launch pad. Being a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by most corporations. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those companies, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides the forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment. The Lone Star Veterans Association has coordinated with local employers to emphasize a veteran hiring initiative and to introduce Warrior For Life as a resource for potential employees.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. There is plenty of free parking and valet is provided.
- You need to have proper and up-to-date copies of your resume/CV.
- Business attire is required to attend. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event, please email Holly Horan (Holly@lonestarveterans.org) for information about services to assist newly transitioning veterans with professional business attire.
- This is a professional lunch for you to be introduced to, network and engage with employer representatives. It is not an event that involves family members or guests.
- No solicitation of business services, memberships, volunteer programs, etc. is allowed.
- If you register for the luncheon you must attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email email@example.com immediately or call (281) 744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those other veterans that may be on the wait list to participate.
1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056
Google map and directions