The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to hurdle is finding that great career launch pad. Being a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by those companies who value excellence from their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those companies, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides the forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment. The Lone Star Veterans Association has coordinated with local employers to emphasize a veteran hiring initiative and to introduce Warrior For Life as a resource for potential employees.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- You need to have a proper and up-to-date resume/CV.
- You need to dress professionally. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event email Connie Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you register for the luncheon you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email email@example.com or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m. which is when networking begins.
- Please limit yourself to no more than three attendees per company.
- Because of our non-for-profit status, you can receive a receipt at the event.
- This lunch is free for veterans and we greatly appreciate any donations your company can make to help make this lunch a success.
- For Sponsorship opportunities contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact email@example.com to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
Veterans: There is a one dollar ($1.00) transaction fee to confirm RSVPs.
Employers: $35.00, this fee will be refunded for those who cancel by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-744-7972
Now that you're registered for the event please join the conversation on our private LinkedIn group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be confirmed to be accepted to the group once your RSVP for the event is confirmed, along with ticket payment for employers.
1753 Post Oak Blvd
Houston, TX 77056
Google map and directions