juanita robinson answered 2018-10-25 13:54:00 -0500Q: Please provide a list of your children by age and gender.
A: Boy 13; girl 7
We're proud to host the 10th Annual Operation Lone Star Santa toy drive and Christmas celebration. Please fill out this survey to make request for toys for your children and feel free to share it with others. The only requirement for this toy drive is to be a member of Lone Star Veterans Association and provide proof of service to our staff when you join.
- Please fill out the survey completely. Knowing each child's age, gender, and interests will help our volunteers select toys that will have the best chance of making your Christmas a merry one.
- It's unlikely that your child will receive the exact toys requested. Our volunteers will, however, do our best to match your kids' wishes with the available toys. That said, there won't be any iPads or Playstations. Maybe someday!
- We will not ship toys. Our focus is the greater Houston community.
- Only one application per family. We carefully review registrations to ensure that every child has a fair opportunity to enjoy Christmas.
- Toys must be picked up on December 8th during the designated time. Please bring a photo ID to make it easier for our volunteers to find your gifts. If there is an emergency that prevents you from getting there, please contact Michelle.Cox@lonestarveterans.org as soon as you are able. Unclaimed toys will be donated within a few days so that another family can enjoy them.
- Operation Lone Star Santa is possible thanks to hundreds of volunteer hours and thousands of dollars in donations. Please be respectful of the time and effort that goes into every bag of gifts.
juanita robinson answered 2017-04-26 13:46:45 -0500Q: What stage are you at in your business?
In the summer of 2017 LSVA will be creating a Veteran Entrepreneur group to galvanize the aspiring, hustling, struggling, and successful veteran business owners in Houston. If you are interested in being a part the group click this form to be added to the contact list as we prepare to launch this group around July.
At this time the plan is to begin a regular monthly meetup of business owners for breakfast once a month on the west side of Houston. Depending on response and activity we will expand the group's meeting locations, frequency, and activity types. We will also be bringing in prominent business owners from the Houston area to share their stories of success, failure, and how they have built companies of value that have enriched the lives of their employees, customers, and their own family.Take the survey