Please join us in kicking off OTC a week early with the Air Liquide team. See more info and RSVP here.
Join HR Houston and Lone Star Veterans Association for our next meeting of the Veterans in Human Resources Affinity Group
Thursday, April 26, 5:30-7:30 pm
Combined Arms - 2929 McKinney St, Houston, TX 77003
“Tapping into Talent: Identifying Veterans in Your Organization”
Facilitated by Tissani Rizzo, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP, CSM
Employee Development & Talent Manager, cPanel
RSVP Required and Space is Limited!
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Join us for a discussion of best practices and tips. Bring your questions and programs that have worked for you and your organization.
OBJECTIVE: Connect veterans of the Armed Forces who work or aspire to work in the field of HR with members of HR Houston who are passionate about promoting veteran employment and individual personal development. Note: This isn’t intended to be a job fair, but to create meaningful, supportive relationships between members of the two groups.
We welcome all spouses out for coffee and a chat! This is a kid friendly event, designed for relaxing and enjoying other veteran families!
We will be trying different locations around town, so please check out the address each month! And let us know if you would like to help bring one to your neighborhood!
LGBT Veterans social is a monthly event for our veterans that have proudly served - and the friends and community that surrounds them!
We have also created a closed Facebook group in order to allow this Affinity Group to effectively communicate between events.
Click Here to Join
Connect with other vets, share stories from OTC. Join us for a great networking event at the Hilton Garden Inn over in Katy. We'll be joined by veteran groups of a few other O&G companies.
We have re-launched our North Side Social! Please come out and join Carlis and Ann Marie the 2nd Tuesday of each month for a good family event!
Come out and meet other Veterans in your community - and bring your family. Kids eat free 12 and under. Door Prizes, Comaraderie, Networking and Fun! Michelle will be hosting this event!
The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to overcome is finding that great career launch pad. As a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by companies who value excellence in their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those employers, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides a forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment.
- We strongly encourage you to attend the Veteran Transition Workshop hosted by our friends at the Travis Manion Foundation the day prior. This event will give you all the tools you need to excel at Warrior for Life. *While spouses are welcome at Warrior for Life, the Veteran Transition Workshop is for veterans only.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- You need to have a proper and up-to-date resume/CV.
- The dress code is business professional. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event, see the following links for men and women.
- This is a professional lunch for you to talk with employers and network. Please do not bring guests or family members. Spouses are welcome (please RSVP).
- If you RSVP, you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email email@example.com or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m. which is when networking begins.
- Please limit yourself to no more than three attendees per company.
- Because of our non-for-profit status, you can receive a receipt at the event.
- This lunch is free for veterans and we greatly appreciate any donations your company can make to help make this lunch a success.
- We do offer Premium Sponsorship levels for companies at $1000.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
$5 for veterans; $35 for employers. If you are an employer who is also a veteran, the cost is still $35 (sorry!).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is free.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
email@example.com or call 281-744-7972
Can I update my registration information?
You can change your information at anytime.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, a printed ticket is not necessary to bring with you.
Join the conversation in our private LinkedIn group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be accepted to the group once your RSVP and payment for the event is confirmed.