Our flagship event Lone Star Veterans Association is our Warrior for Life luncheon series. This program is based on the Marine for Life luncheons that were once sponsored and held via the Marine for Life – Houston, TX office. The program event provides a unique and more intimate platform in which to introduce employer and prospective veteran job seeker to one another. The level success that has been achieved since taking it over in 2010 demonstrates the value that both employers and veterans alike gain from the program’s distinctive platform.
Warrior for Life Every 3rd Thursday of the month, veterans and employers meet at Masraff's restaurant, in Galleria/Uptown Houston. This luncheon event gives veterans access to a great network of employers and staffing agencies from the Houston area. Veterans are to dress professionally and bring their resumes. This is a great chance to learn about a wide variety of civilian careers. For employers, this is an opportunity to meet a wide variety of veterans that could be successful employees at your company.
The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to overcome is finding that great career launch pad. As a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by companies who value excellence in their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those employers, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides a forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment.
- We strongly encourage you to attend the Veteran Transition Workshop hosted by our friends at the Travis Manion Foundation the day prior. This event will give you all the tools you need to excel at Warrior for Life. *While spouses are welcome at Warrior for Life, the Veteran Transition Workshop is for veterans only.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- You need to have a proper and up-to-date resume/CV.
- The dress code is business professional. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event, see the following links for men and women.
- This is a professional lunch for you to talk with employers and network. Please do not bring guests or family members. Spouses are welcome (please RSVP).
- If you RSVP, you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email email@example.com or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m. which is when networking begins.
- Please limit yourself to no more than three attendees per company.
- Because of our non-for-profit status, you can receive a receipt at the event.
- This lunch is free for veterans and we greatly appreciate any donations your company can make to help make this lunch a success.
- We do offer Premium Sponsorship levels for companies at $1000.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
$5 for veterans; $35 for employers. If you are an employer who is also a veteran, the cost is still $35 (sorry!).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Parking is free.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
email@example.com or call 281-744-7972
Can I update my registration information?
You can change your information at anytime.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, a printed ticket is not necessary to bring with you.
Join the conversation in our private LinkedIn group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be accepted to the group once your RSVP and payment for the event is confirmed.
Come out and mix with other energy-sector veterans out west at Texas Borders Bar & Grill. Make friends or make your next career move - this is where you want to be.
Our Veterans in Energy Group is a great way to get connected, find friends, build your network, and find that next opportunity. Come join us and become a part of the LSVA Community in the energy industry and the west part of town, and connect with us on Facebook. We can't wait to see you!