We hope to see you at one of our many upcoming events. This community of veterans is here for you and your family.
Come out and meet other Veterans in your community - and bring your family. Kids eat free 12 and under. Door Prizes, Comaraderie, Networking and Fun! Michelle will be hosting this event!
The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to overcome is finding that great career launch pad. As a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by companies who value excellence in their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those employers, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides a forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment.
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- Though not required, it's a great idea to bring an up-to-date resume/CV.
- The dress code is business professional. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event, see the following links for men and women.
- This is a professional lunch for you to talk with employers and network. Please do not bring guests or family members. Spouses are welcome (please RSVP).
- If you RSVP, you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email email@example.com or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m.
- You do not need to bring swag - there is no space, and you'll be busy interacting with veteran candidates. Business cards and small brochures/trifolds work great at this event.
- Limit three attendees per company.
- Veteran attendance is subsidized in part by employer tickets. Consider adding a donation to cover the full cost of a veteran so we can continue making this event a success.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
$5 for veterans; $35 for employers. If you are an employer who is also a veteran, the cost is still $35 (sorry!).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Valet parking is available, but self-parking is free, close, and plentiful.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
email@example.com or call 281-744-7972
Can I update my registration information?
You can change your information at anytime.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, a printed ticket is not necessary to bring with you.
Join the conversation in our private LinkedIn group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be accepted to the group once your RSVP and payment for the event is confirmed.
Come out and mix with other energy-sector veterans out west at Texas Borders Bar & Grill. Make friends or make your next career move - this is where you want to be. Joining us this month is special guest Chris Strohman.
Chris Strohman is the vice president of HSSEA for the construction, maintenance, and operations arm of the business for Wood Group. Prior to joining Wood Group, he was a global subject matter expert in contractor safety and other HSE areas for Shell. He has more than 16 years of experience and holds board certifications as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST).
Our Veterans in Energy Group is a great way to get connected, find friends, build your network, and find that next opportunity. Come join us and become a part of the LSVA Community in the energy industry and the west part of town, and connect with us on Facebook. We can't wait to see you!
P.S. - TX Borders is kid-friendly! There's a nice little playground off the entrance. Bring the whole family!
We're excited to welcome military & veteran spouses to join us at No Label Brewing Co! Meet and network with military spouses. Bring your family...if you want. Fun & Door Prizes!
Come out and meet other Veteran Spouses and families. We look forward to seeing you there!
We look forward to seeing you in Richmond!
LGBT Veterans social is a monthly event for our veterans that have proudly served - and the friends and community that surrounds them!
We have also created a closed Facebook group in order to allow this Affinity Group to effectively communicate between events.
Click Here to Join
A day is not near enough for our Country's Heroes! We kick off Veteran's Month with our big family Picnic! We are so excited about our picnic this year! We are having it in the Backyard of the Beautiful Amegy Bank Headquarters in the Galleria! We have a lot coming up so keep watching this space for all of the awesome announcements and opportunities!!
WE HAD SO MUCH FUN LAST YEAR!!
Send all forms and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
SPONSORS, VENDORS & RESOURCE FAIR!
WE HAVE OUR MUSIC LINE UP!
WE NEED CHILI COOK-OFF TEAMS - PLEASE SIGN UP!
Click on Judges names to read their entire bios:
Please check out the updated rules to include the "People's Choice" Award - Updated 9/4/18
Here's a few things we will have in our Picnic's Silent Auction. If you would like to donate, please let us know - we will make sure that your logo is prominently displayed!
Thank you to our Silent Auction Sponsors and our generous Events Advisory Committee:
VOLUNTEER & DONATION OPPORTUNITIES
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Here's our picnic Layout right now - it is subject to change a bit
We have relaunced our North Side Social! Please come out and join Carlis and Ann Marie the 2nd Tuesday of each month for a good family event!