We hope to see you at one of our many upcoming events. This community of veterans is here for you and your family.
The transition from military to civilian life can be difficult. The biggest obstacle to overcome is finding that great career launch pad. As a military veteran, you already stand out in the crowd as a resource that is sought by companies who value excellence in their personnel. At the Warrior For Life Luncheon, you get to meet those employers, one on one.
Designed to create direct contact between veterans and local employers, Warrior For Life provides a forum for veterans to get hired. Hosted once a month at Masraff's in the Galleria, veterans have a chance to market themselves in a professional, yet personal environment.
Hear from LSVA member Natasha, who landed a job with an employer she met at Warrior for Life:
- Promptly arrive at 11:00 a.m. This is 30 minutes earlier than employers in order to prepare for the event.
- There is plenty of free parking.
- Though not required, it's a great idea to bring an up-to-date resume/CV.
- The dress code is business professional. Suit and tie for men, business suit for women. If you need professional attire for the event, see the following links for men and women.
- This is a professional lunch for you to talk with employers and network. Please do not bring guests or family members. Spouses of veterans are welcome! And no, your veteran spouse does not need to attend with you.
- If you RSVP, you need to attend. If you cannot make the luncheon, it is important that you email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (281)744-7972 by 10:00 AM the day prior to the luncheon. This allows space for those veterans on the wait list.
- Please arrive promptly at 11:30 a.m.
- You do not need to bring swag - there is no space, and you'll be busy interacting with veteran candidates. Business cards and small brochures/trifolds work great at this event.
- Limit three attendees per company.
- Veteran attendance is subsidized in part by employer tickets. Consider adding a donation to cover the full cost of a veteran so we can continue making this event a success.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
What is the cost of the luncheon?
$5 for veterans; $35 for employers. If you are an employer who is also a veteran, the cost is still $35 (sorry!).
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Valet parking is available, but self-parking is free, close, and plentiful.
What kind of food will be served?
Typically, one of the entree items found here. Please let us know if you have any diet/allergy restrictions.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, a printed ticket is not necessary to bring with you.
Join the conversation in our private LinkedIn group. We invite employers to post their current openings in this group. These are current and past attendees of our Warrior for Life program and a great pool of talent to share your openings and questions for our veterans. You'll be accepted to the group once your RSVP and payment for the event is confirmed.
Join us at our new home on the west side for our monthly energy networking event. We're excited to welcome President of Blackfin Offshore and Navy veteran Ron Hughes as our guest speaker.
Come out and mix with other energy-sector veterans out west at the Tasting Room City Centre. Make friends or make your next career move - this is where you want to be.
Our Veterans in Energy Group is a great way to get connected, find friends, build your network, and find that next opportunity. Come join us and become a part of the LSVA Community in the energy industry, and connect with us on Facebook. We can't wait to see you!
We have focused our discussions on stories of faith and service. These are meant to inspire, inform, and renew our collective faith as we hear from veterans how their faith has influenced their military service, and vice versa. This is also a great way for civilians who might not know many or any veterans to hear a message of Christian faith that they can relate to and in doing so bridge the gap between civilians and veterans.
To purchase tickets, click on graphic or go to this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lsva-christian-lunch-a-discussion-of-faith-service-tickets-57711008179
We have a large membership on the West side of Houston and we want to get to know all of you. Our spouses are out there each month to welcome Veteran families and make sure they are aware of resources available to them. We have so much fun and their is a playground for the kids. We hope you will come out and join us!
Eventbrite Free Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lsva-spouses-presents-have-a-beer-and-meet-other-veteran-families-tickets-54003020488
LGBT Veterans social is a monthly event for our veterans that have proudly served - and the friends and community that surrounds them!
We have also created a closed Facebook group in order to allow this Affinity Group to effectively communicate between events.
Click Here to Join
Register for Free Tickets Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lsva-lgbt-veterans-social-tickets-54007508913.
Join us for Veterans & Friends Karaoke Night following our LSVA LGBT Affinity Group Social on the 1st Friday of the month. Hosted by Ty Frazier
Come out and Join us for a fun night of Karaoke! Everyone is Welcome!
Register here for free tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lgbt-family-friends-karaoke-night-tickets-54006512934.
Come out and meet other Veteran families on the north side of Houston. Carlis will be there to welcome you and introduce you to your neighbors. There is a playground for the kids and the food is awesome!
Register for Free Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lsva-north-houston-social-tickets-54008399577.