Colleges with Veteran Services

Art Institute of Houston

As a member of the military, you may be eligible for tuition assistance programs at over 40 Art Institutes schools throughout the U.S. We offer bachelor's and associate's degrees in a range of creative fields, including culinary, design, fashion, and media arts. And with our online learning option, there's an education solution to fit your schedule.

Belhaven University

Belhaven University is regionally accredited university with multiple locations in the south region. They have been award the title of Military Friendly School three years in a row. Both of Belhaven's Adult Studies and Online Programs help and support service members and their goals in higher education. They also have access to scholarships, Yellow Ribbon Program, tuition discounts and grants for veterans.


Brazosport College

Brazosport College is committed to quality education and providing educational opportunities to every student. Click the link above to find out about veteran services: academic advisement, information about benefits, financial assistance, career counseling, and admissions assistance.

College of the Mainland

 College of the Mainland’s Veterans’ Affairs Office assists veteran students and eligible dependents in securing VA educational benefits. This office processes  applications for all veterans and Hazlewood benefits. In addition, we provide information and advise veterans and their dependents regarding eligibility requirements along with monitoring academic progress and providing referrals to other agencies.

Houston Baptist University

The Office of the Registrar acts as the liaison between the student Veteran, the Veterans Administration, and Houston Baptist University. Qualified HBU students who desire to earn appointments as commissioned officers in the Air Force, Army or Navy have the opportunity to participate in ROTC training through agreements with Rice University and the University of Houston. Learn more about the programs by visiting the individual ROTC unit webpages.


Houston Community College

The District Office of Veterans Affairs provides support to veterans and reservists, as well as to their families, who are eligible for education benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill, the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill, the Vocational Rehabilitation G.I. Bill, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program, and the Hazelwood Act.

Lee College

Lee College has joined hands with the Texas Workforce Commission to help veterans leaving the Armed Forces move as quickly as possible into meaningful jobs. A new College Credit for Heroes grant allows the college to evaluate a veteran's (or currently enlisted serviceman's or -woman's) military training and experience and apply it appropriately toward college credits leading to a two-year associate's degree.

Lone Star College

Each LSCS campus has a Career Services counselor to help you with career planning and employment services. Additionally, LSCS partners with the Texas Veterans Commission and has an employment representative dedicated to our veterans students.


Prairie View A&M (Nursing)

Veterans, their spouses, and dependents may receive benefits through the Veterans Affairs located in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions-Memorial Student Center. This office certifies federal education benefits payable under the G. I. bill, State benefits under the Hazlewood Act for Texas veterans and their children, and military waivers for active duty personnel stationed in Texas and their dependents.

Rice University

Consistently ranked among the best values in higher education, with a highly recognized and respected residential college system, Rice transforms outstanding students into global scholars who envision new possibilities and leave their imprint on the world. Rice University does have a Veterans Affair Representative on campus to answer all of your questions.

San Jacinto College

If you’re a U.S. veteran, San Jac is a great place to build upon your education and training. Virtually all of our academic, vocational, and technical courses are approved for veterans’ training and eligible for veterans’ benefits. Pretty much everything you need to know and do is right here. But you can also find out more about the GI Bill directly from the government, or go right ahead and contact our Financial Aid Office to get the process started.

South Texas College of Law

The South Texas College of Law is privately owned school and is a member of the American Association of Law Schools.

Texas A&M

Texas A&M University has always had a strong presence of the military and veterans. Founded in 1876 as a military academy, we are proud of our long standing tradition of association with the military. We recognize the unique needs of veterans and have provided list of resources on campus to help with your transition to Texas A&M.

Texas Southern University

A Texas public university, TSU is continuing to expand it's programs for higher education.
TSU VA Enrollment Specialist:
Taiwan Johnson, Sergeant US Marine Corps (retired)
Phone: (713) 313-7862
Fax: 713-313-1878
Department of Veteran Affairs Phone:

Texas Woman's University

is a co-educational college in with a health science center branch in Houston, Texas. While male students are accepted into all programs, the school is better known as the largest state-supported university for women in the United States. TWU’s nursing doctoral program is the largest in the world. In 2011, Texas Woman's University was ranked among best U.S. colleges for undergraduates by Forbes.


University of Houston

The University of Houston is an approved training facility for veterans and a Military Friendly institution.  Depending on your specific need, two campus offices provide services to veterans. The two offices are the Veterans’ Services Office (VSO) and the Office of Registration and Academic Records. Together, we coordinate the University's veterans’ services to the more than 875 veterans, spouses, and dependents attending classes and receiving veterans’ benefits. The VSO has a wide array of annual and special programs for student-veterans throughout the year.

University of Houston - Clear Lake

University of Houston – Clear Lake is proud to serve the men and women who have served this great country. Whether you're a current student or a new student, we have several options for veterans. UHCL strives to honor our veterans by helping them pursue a bachelor's or graduate degree to insure that they have a career after the military. We offer the type of education that every United States veteran deserves.


University of Houston - Downtown

UHD Veterans Services assists veterans, reservists, guardsmen, and dependents of disabled or deceased veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Over 200 veterans are currently pursuing a degree at UH-Downtown. Veterans Services ensures that proper paperwork is completed, certified, and filed with the Department of Veterans Affairs so that payment of education benefits can begin. Veterans Services does not, however, determine eligibility for benefits.

University of Houston - Victoria

UH-Victoria is approved by the Texas Education Agency for VA educational benefits for veterans, children and spouses under Chapters 32 and 35, Title 38, U.S. Code. Student veterans may receive assistance in applying for benefits from the Office of Financial Aid. To expedite payments, veterans should contact the Office of Financial Aid at least 60 days prior to the first class day of each semester or term to complete all necessary paper work for that period of study. VA enrollment is certified up to 10 days prior to the first class day of each semester.


University of Phoenix

The University of Phoenix Military Division is mostly comprised of 1,000 prior service members who are dedicated to serving active-duty, guard and reserve servicemembers, their spouses, veterans and DOD civilians.  The school offers regionally accredited Associates through Doctoral degrees.  Students attend campus or online classes in 5, 6, 8, and 9 week intervals that start weekly. To learn more about University of Phoenix, your military benefits and discounts, contact your National Defense Liaison Mark Santelia at or by calling 281-318-1110.

University of St. Thomas

The University of St. Thomas welcomes all military students and feels that you are important members of our University community.
At UST, we believe it is our responsibility to support those who have served our country. Our President, Dr. Robert Ivany, a Retired Major General in the U.S. Army, is committed to assisting men and women who have dedicated their lives to service. By participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program, UST will collaborate with the Veterans Administration to enable eligible veterans to attend UST with no tuition cost.

University of Texas

The University of Texas at Austin is dedicated to providing veterans, military personnel and their dependents with the support needed to make the most of their educational experience. This site provides general information about university policies, academic and campus life, as well as community resources for veterans, military personnel and their dependents. serves as the primary point of contact regarding veterans' affairs at The University of Texas at Austin. We strongly encourage you to contact us early and often with any questions about your particular situation.

Wharton County College

Wharton County Junior College has procedures in place to assist a student with the transition from student to active military duty. Once a student receives the order for deployment, he/she must present a copy of the orders to WCJC Registration staff, and if receiving VA educational benefits, a copy to Richard Hyde, Director of Financial Aid.


The Lone Star Veterans Association does not endorse any particular college, university, or institute of higher learning. If you would like your college listed here, please contact us.

Events Donate Contact Us